- + Major discovery helps explain coral bleaching
- + Geological phenomenon widening the Atlantic Ocean
- + Southern Africa’s most endangered shark just extended its range by 2,000 kilometers
- + A ‘regime shift’ is happening in the Arctic Ocean
- + Sharks almost gone from many reefs
- + Like humans, beluga whales form friendship social networks
- + How marine snow cools the planet
- + Climate change to create strange bedfellows on deep ocean reefs
- + Andrew Forrest commits $100m to ocean research
- + World’s marine wilderness shrinking
- + Study shows rapid decline of fishery stocks across Australia
- + Global sea levels rise at rates beyond initial predictions
- + The Rariophotic
- + The ocean’s glory – and horror
- + Self-driving robots collect water samples to create snapshots of ocean microbes
- + Seaweeds shelter calcifying marine life from acidifying oceans
- + Recordings spout secrets behind blue whale behaviour
- + The Mysterious Lives of Narwhals
- + Primitive fish had more sense than we thought
- + Loud ships affect fish communication
Founder of the Fortescue Metals Group, Andrew Forrest, has announced he will contribute...
An international study led by University of Queensland scientists has found that only 13 per...
The number of large fish species in Australian waters has declined by 30%...
Narwhals are some of the most elusive creatures in the ocean, spending most of their lives in deep water far from shore. But research being presented at the 2018...
CT scans of vertebrate fish fossils have found early signs of sophisticated electroreception systems, which paved the way for the amazing detection ability of sharks, lungfish and other living...
NOAA scientists studying sounds made by Atlantic cod and haddock at spawning sites in the Gulf of Maine have found that vessel traffic noise is reducing the distance over...
A study that looked at where humpback whales give birth along the coast of Western Australia has shown that the calving grounds extend more than 1000 kilometres further south...