- + A ‘regime shift’ is happening in the Arctic Ocean
- + Sharks almost gone from many reefs
- + Like humans, beluga whales form friendship social networks
- + How marine snow cools the planet
- + Climate change to create strange bedfellows on deep ocean reefs
- + Andrew Forrest commits $100m to ocean research
- + World’s marine wilderness shrinking
- + Study shows rapid decline of fishery stocks across Australia
- + Global sea levels rise at rates beyond initial predictions
- + The Rariophotic
- + The ocean’s glory – and horror
- + Self-driving robots collect water samples to create snapshots of ocean microbes
- + Seaweeds shelter calcifying marine life from acidifying oceans
- + Recordings spout secrets behind blue whale behaviour
- + The Mysterious Lives of Narwhals
- + Primitive fish had more sense than we thought
- + Loud ships affect fish communication
- + Humpback whales calve further south than previously thought
- + Explaining Antarctic Seafloor Biodiversity
- + Why are there no sea snakes in the Atlantic?
According to a study assessing 25 year’s worth of satellite data, global sea...
New ocean zone is home to many new species of reef fish Based...
Photographer Brian Skerry shoots life above and below the waves – as he...
Seaweeds create a chemical microenvironment at their surface, providing refuge for calcifying organisms...
Researchers are using underwater microphones to interpret and characterize the calls of blue...
Researchers are using underwater microphones to interpret and characterize the calls of blue whales swimming through Southern California’s oceans, revealing new insights into the behavior of these endangered marine...
Narwhals are some of the most elusive creatures in the ocean, spending most of their lives in deep water far from shore. But research being presented at the 2018...
CT scans of vertebrate fish fossils have found early signs of sophisticated electroreception systems, which paved the way for the amazing detection ability of sharks, lungfish and other living...
NOAA scientists studying sounds made by Atlantic cod and haddock at spawning sites in the Gulf of Maine have found that vessel traffic noise is reducing the distance over...