- + Major discovery helps explain coral bleaching
- + Geological phenomenon widening the Atlantic Ocean
- + Southern Africa’s most endangered shark just extended its range by 2,000 kilometers
- + A ‘regime shift’ is happening in the Arctic Ocean
- + Sharks almost gone from many reefs
- + Like humans, beluga whales form friendship social networks
- + How marine snow cools the planet
- + Climate change to create strange bedfellows on deep ocean reefs
- + Andrew Forrest commits $100m to ocean research
- + World’s marine wilderness shrinking
- + Study shows rapid decline of fishery stocks across Australia
- + Global sea levels rise at rates beyond initial predictions
- + The Rariophotic
- + The ocean’s glory – and horror
- + Self-driving robots collect water samples to create snapshots of ocean microbes
- + Seaweeds shelter calcifying marine life from acidifying oceans
- + Recordings spout secrets behind blue whale behaviour
- + The Mysterious Lives of Narwhals
- + Primitive fish had more sense than we thought
- + Loud ships affect fish communication
Founder of the Fortescue Metals Group, Andrew Forrest, has announced he will contribute...
An international study led by University of Queensland scientists has found that only 13 per...
The number of large fish species in Australian waters has declined by 30%...
Photographer Brian Skerry shoots life above and below the waves – as he puts it, both the horror and the magic of the ocean. Sharing amazing, intimate shots of...
For the first time, scientists from the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa (UH Mānoa) and the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) will deploy a small fleet of long-range...
Seaweeds create a chemical microenvironment at their surface, providing refuge for calcifying organisms that are at risk from decreasing oceanic pH, shows new research published in the journal Functional...
Researchers are using underwater microphones to interpret and characterize the calls of blue whales swimming through Southern California’s oceans, revealing new insights into the behavior of these endangered marine...